Foundation at The King's University
The Foundation at The King's University provides funding for bursaries that enable prospective and current students to pursue Christian higher education at King's. It accomplishes this important work by soliciting, maintaining, and dispensing of gifts in the form of cash, shares, property, annuities, bequests, membership contributions, and special donations.
Established as a separate fundraising entity in 1985, the Foundation provides financial support to students at King's. The Foundation operates as a passionate, membership and volunteer based group within the King's fundraising department with the sole goal of making university education at King's affordable for all students.
The Foundation at King's strongly believes that Christian university education should be accessible to anyone seeking it, regardless of financial means. To achieve this vision, it funds the following awards:
Foundation Access, Retention, and Service Award
Up to 60 bursaries of up to $2,500 are available for students who can demonstrate high financial need. To apply, students must complete the King’s Financial Need Assessment form and explain how they commit to serving King’s campus community or broader Christian community.
Foundation Welcome Home Bursary
The purpose of this award is to assist students who need to move away from home to attend King’s. Up to 40 bursaries of up to $1,000 are available for students who need to move a minimum of 100 km from home to attend The King’s University. An additional $500 is available for students who need to move 500 km or more from home to attend King’s.
Monthly Giving Program
Making charitable gifts to the Foundation at The King's University is easier than ever when you sign up for the automatic monthly giving program. Set up a monthly gift by using the online donation form and selecting the option “make this a monthly gift.”
Foundation Membership Benefits
Community members who give at lest $1,200 per year to the Foundation at King’s receive the following benefits as Foundation members:
- 100% of your contributions to the Foundation go directly to supporting students through the Welcome Home Bursary and the Access, Retention, and Service Award.
- Personalized thank you cards/calls in gratitude for your contributions.
- A special invitation to an event to meet student recipients of awards and hear stories of the impact of your giving.
- Special acknowledgement on the King’s website and during the annual Harvest Banquet.
- Three exclusive electronic newsletters annually, profiling some of the students served through Foundation giving.
- Annual special communication from the president.
- Complimentary coffee at the Level Coffee House to provide opportunities for members to interact and engage with some of the students supported through their giving.