How do I request materials not housed at King's?
How do I check the status of my holds?
How do I get off-campus access to e-resources?
How do I find my barcode and PIN?
How do I use the reserve collection?
How do I view and pay library fines? How do I appeal a fine?
How do I find CDs, LPs and music scores?
How do I request materials not available at King's?
Requests for NEOS Materials
Holds may be placed on items within the library catalogue. Patrons can request that items be delivered to King's for pickup.
- During fall and winter semesters there is a Monday - Friday delivery of materials between NEOS libraries (delivery 3 days per week from May through August).
- If available, materials from other libraries may arrive at King's anywhere between 1 - 3 working days (in general). Materials requested from NEOS libraries outside the city of Edmonton may take 2 or 3 days longer to arrive.
- Please note we have no way of predicting how soon it may be available.
Requests for Materials Outside NEOS
King’s faculty, students and staff may request books and articles not available within NEOS. Delivery times vary and there may be costs which may be communicated to the requestor before the material is requested.
This type of request is called an InterLibrary Loan (ILL).
You will receive an email at your kingsu.ca account when your holds are available for pickup.
To view the status of your holds:
- Login to My Account and view the information provided under the "Holds" tab.
- Check the "Holds Shelf" in the Library. Your items will be filed by the first 3 letters of your surname, and the last 4 digits of your barcode.
Holds are returned to their home institution if not picked-up within 5 days from their date of arrival.
How do I view and pay library fines?
To view your library fines online go to My Account.
Please feel free to contact the Library by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Library Service Desk: 780-465-8304.
You can pay fines in person using cash, credit card or debit or you can pay online at: OnLine Payments
King's e-resources are available to King’s students, faculty and staff off-campus.
When you click on or attempt to access one of these resources, a King's login screen will appear and you will be asked to enter your barcode/user ID and PIN.
Finding CDs or LPs for use (in Library only)
- Open the NEOS Catalogue.
- Enter the artist, composer or title of the music you are looking for, or other pertinent words that might help find it in the catalogue.
- In the Library drop-down menu, select "The King’s University" to limit your results to items in the King’s music collection. Please note: most other NEOS libraries do not allow CDs to be borrowed by students from other institutions.
- In the Format drop-down menu, select "Music / Sound."
- Click "Search.".
- From the results screen, click on the title of the CD you are interested in to view the call number you will use to locate the item in the library.
- Headphones are available for borrowing.
- CDs and Music Scores are all available for 2 week loan periods.
Finding Music Scores
- Open the NEOS Catalogue.
- Enter the composer or title of the score you are looking for.
- In the Library drop-down menu, select "The King’s University" to limit your results to items in the King’s music collection.
- Click "Search."
- From the results screen, click on the title of the item you are interested in to view the call number you will use to locate it in the library.
- Scores are located along the northeast wall of the library.
- The library has an electronic source for Music Scores: The Classical Scores Library
Go to Top