A growing number of students want to combine their passion for environmental issues with good business practices. This stream lets you pursue both! Students following this stream are encouraged to take ENVS and GEOG courses that explore environmental sustainability.
In partnership with the Micah Centre, Leder students can also obtain a Certificate in Micah Studies. This program offers excellent education and experience towards preparing students for work in the area of justice and international development, as well as other careers related to Christian ministry or justice issues.
In addition to the required general courses for a BCom, students specializing in Small Business and Entrepreneurship must take the following:
- BUSI 367 - Environmentally and Socially Sustainable Business
- ENVS 200 - Introduction to Sustainability
- GEOG 201 - Physical Geography
- PHIL 320 - Philosophy of the Environment
- THEO 370 - All Things: Theology of Creation
- ECON 315 - Ecological Economics
- ENVS 300 - Humankind and the Biosphere
- ENVS 410 - Resource Planning and Environmental Management
- ENVS 450 - Environmental Impact Assessment
- GEOG 310 - Landscapes and Human Settlements
- GEOG 350 - Geographical Information Systems
The timing of the program is very flexible, so you can plan your schedule to fit your needs. Most students choose to take several business courses and then complete many foundation and breadth courses in the first year. This gives them greater flexibility in their second or third year to participate in an exchange at one of our partner institutions around the globe. Every student is assigned a faculty advisor to help with course selection throughout their program.
Program advising streams are carefully selected groups of courses designed to prepare students for employment and professional study in areas of interest to them.