Youth Ministry Certificate
The certificate in Youth Ministry is for those who have experience in youth ministry, for youth workers who are interested in further equipping themselves or want to refresh their insights, or for those who already have a post-secondary degree. Courses focus on spiritual formation, the foundations of discipleship, and leadership in ministry. The certificate also involves a short internship.
To obtain the certificate, students need to complete eight three-credit university courses.
The elective courses can be taken from designated university courses in theology, psychology, sociology, and education. Students can tailor the program to their needs and interests.
Course electives include:
- YTMN 310 - Spiritual Formation for Ministry
- YTMN 320 - Leadership in Ministry
- YTMN 330 - Foundations of Discipleship
- YTMN 390 - Youth Ministry Internship I
- THEO 310 - Bringing the Texts to Life: Biblical Theological Themes
- THEO 371 - A Conspiracy of Goodness: Studies in Christian Mission
- THEO 380 - Earthly Good: Christian Ethics
- THEO 378 - The Gospel According to Hollywood: Religion and Popular Culture
- SOCI 345 - Media and Society
- SOCI 347 - Film and Contemporary Culture
- EDUC 363 - Childhood and Adolescence
- SOCI 370 - Marriage and Family
- PSYC 356 - Sex and Singleness
- SOCI 316 - Aboriginal Issues in Canada
- SOCI 318 - Race and Ethnic Diversity
- THEO 397 - Engaging Difference: World Religions
- YTMN 490 - Youth Ministry Internship II
- EDUC 308 - Teaching beyond the Classroom