Spring and Summer Housing
All Information pertains to Spring and Summer 2017.
Application Deadline: April 1, 2017. After April 1, applications may be approved based on availability.
- Spring and summer housing is available no earlier than April 30 and closes August 15 (an extension with appropriate extra fees are granted to students who have paid a deposit for campus housing for the Fall 2017 term).
- Student housing is limited to the apartments on the fifth floor of the apartment building.
- King’s reserves the right to fill each apartment to capacity (six students); additional students may be assigned or moved at the discretion of the University at any time during the summer.
- All rental rates are per student, regardless of how many people occupy an apartment at a given time.
- The King's University may cancel your lease due to inappropriate use of the apartment, inappropriate behaviour while on King’s campus, or failure to make payments.
- The lease choice and duration of lease must be chosen in the application.
- Monthly rent is not available. Students who elect to leave residence partway through the residence agreement term will be charged the fees for the remainder of their term. (e.g. A student who leaves July 15 will be charged for the remainder of July and August).
Accommodations are provided following this priority order (for students applying before April 1, 2016):
- Spring Semester Students
- International Students
- Students with on-campus jobs
- Students with off-campus jobs
- Students who live on campus for the Fall 2017 term
- Students who live off campus for the Fall 2017 term (students may only stay until August 15th, 2017)
- Graduates of 2017 (new grads may only stay until August 15th, 2017)
Spring semester rent: $360.00 per semester ($720.00 for both).
Spring/summer rent: (May 1-Aug 15): $475 per month, $237.50 for August ($1662.50 total).
Whole spring/summer rent (May 1-Aug 31): $475 per month ($1,900.00 total).
No month-by-month option is available
Spring semester students can opt to live in residence during either or both of the spring semesters. Rent for each semester is set as $360.00 and due at confirmation of each semester.
All rent is paid in the Registration and Student Finance office on or before the first day of the month. Failure to pay may result in eviction. Interest rates will apply.
A $475.00 deposit is required to reserve your room and will be used against your first month's rent. A $360.00 deposit is required for students with a lease only for Spring 1 semester.
Applications for spring housing are processed and accepted no later than April 3, 2017. Deposits are due April 7, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. Failure to pay your deposit may result in you losing your spot.
Check-In and Check-Out
- Residence Life oversees check-ins and check-outs. Office is located in A128.
- At check-in, students are required to pay first month's rent (if deposit has not been received) and sign a lease agreement which includes the duration of the tenancy.
- All students must complete a check-in and check-out form to ensure accurate billing.
- Before check-out, students are required to thoroughly clean and restore their room to its original arrangement.
- Failure to check-out or clean the suite results in cleaning charges and improper check-out fines.
- Students who applied and are accepted for residence in the Fall 2016/17 term and paid their residence deposit are allowed to live in residence until fall move-in day. These students will be required to move rooms during August so the apartments may be prepared for fall housing.