General Northwest Territories Admission Requirements
- Five academic Grade 12 courses with an overall average of 60%:
- One course must be ELA 30-1.
- Three courses must be Standard (see chart below for Standard courses).
- The fifth course may be a Standard or Non-Standard course carrying normal weight (see list below for Non-Standard courses).
- Cannot be Special Projects or Work Experience.
- Two courses of lower course weight may be substituted for the fifth course.
- Meet any Program-Specific Requirements.
- English Proficiency.
Alternative Admission Requirements:
- An applicant who cannot present five acceptable courses, but can present a 70% average on four courses, may be admitted as an Unclassified Student to take an approved course for credit. A grade of C- or better in the course will allow the student to be considered for regular admission in the following term.
If you don’t think you are eligible for admission into King’s, don’t lose hope! Contact one of our Admissions Counsellors and they will be happy to review your options with you.
French 20 (9YR)/(6YR)
|Other Math||Math 30-2|
Aboriginal Studies 30,
5 ADV level CTS credits in Computing Science
|Fine Arts||Art 30,
Choral Music 30,
General Music 30,
Instrumental Music 30
May be used for admission in one of the following ways:
- Five credits in any one 30-level course, except Work Experience and Special Projects
- Any two three-credit 30-level courses
- Five ADV level CTS credits in:
- Communication Tech
- Community Care Services
- Design Studies
- Enterprise and Innovation
- Environmental Stewardship
- Financial Management
- Health Care Services
- Legal Studies
- Management and Marketing