Study Computing Science at King's
Just as other disciplines use instruments to study unseen phenomena, students in the computing science program at King's use computing devices to study aspects of how God structured and organized the universe.
There is a unique joy in creating new programs and code that run smoothly and effectively. King's computing science program gets hands-on with excellent hardware and software labs. Study animation, game design, image processing and embedded images, web application design and software engineering; get the breadth of experience you need to pursue your career after graduating.
Computing Science Program Highlights
- Take theory and concepts learned in the classroom and use them to develop your own software and applications
- Study and apply your skills to unique fields of Computing Science such as graphics and visualization, secure computing and the development of new software
- Use algorithmic machines and programs to solve problems, complete basic and complex tasks and automate tasks too time-consuming for humans to do on their own
- Discover how computer science has moved the core of our society and provides the means by which information is captured, analyzed, manipulated, shared and stored
- Draw from mathematics, logic, engineering, sociology, psychology and other disciplines to provide insight into the development of new and better technology
Computing Science Program Options
Olu Olabimtan, B.Sc. Computing Science '22
One thing I've learned at King’s is how different and yet similar we all are as an international community. I used to be an International Student Assistant, and King's gets students from places all over the world, so I've had the chance to hear about so many cultures and practices that differ or overlap with mine. Meeting Christians from different parts of the world is eye-opening in seeing how important some of the things I take for granted are. The biggest selling point for me coming to…
Kalley Lasola, B.Sc. Computing Science ‘21
One day I walked into King's after seeing it while driving down 50th street, and was instantly surprised by how welcoming people were to show me—a complete stranger—around. The class sizes and sense of community made me apply on the spot and ignite my excitement about my future. Coming to King's was definitely an unexpected and pivotal decision that I would without a doubt make again. "A post-secondary education is where I discover the things about myself that work towards shaping…