How to Apply
We’re excited that you are planning your next steps at King’s! Here you will find details on everything from selecting a program, to applying for admission, to registering in courses. If you have any questions along the way, contact Admissions and we will be happy to walk you through this process.
Select a ProgramView More
See Academics to gather information on King’s 5 degree programs, 16 majors and 19 minors.
Check the RequirementsView More
See Admission Requirements for information on your programs of interest.
Submit Your ApplicationView More
Complete your online application by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
**Note: you will be redirected to a third party page. We recommend using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari as your web browser.
Application Fee (non-refundable)
- $70 Application Fee (applicants residing in Canada or the USA)
- $140 International Application Fee (applicants residing internationally)
- October 1: Fall Application opens
- March 31: 1st round of Education After Degree admissions (recommended deadline)
- February 1: Winter Application opens
- May 15: 2nd round of Education After Degree admissions
- August 15: Fall Application Deadline
- December 1: Winter Application Deadline
Submit Your DocumentsView More
King’s requires official transcripts from a student’s high school and from any post-secondary institutions attended (including YWAM, Capernwray, and other similar programs). Interim transcripts may be submitted for an initial admission decision if official transcripts are not yet available.
King’s will automatically request official transcripts from Alberta high schools and most Alberta post-secondary institutions. Students who have attended high school or post-secondary outside of Alberta will be required to personally request official transcripts. Official transcripts must be received by September 30 for Fall applicants and January 31 for Winter applicants.
**Note: for transcripts to be considered official, they must be mailed directly to King’s from the issuing institution.
Personal Recommendation Form
This form should be completed by someone who is not a relative and knows the applicant in a professional capacity (work supervisor, pastor, teacher, etc.) This form can be downloaded from the online application or by clicking here. The Personal Recommendation Form must be received by September 30 for Fall applicants and January 31 for Winter applicants.
Bachelor of Education Applicants
See Education Application Package for more information on required documents.
How to Submit Your Documents
All documents, with the exception of official transcripts, may be submitted by any of the following methods:
Registration and Student Finance Office
The King's University
9125 50 ST NW
Edmonton, AB T6B 2H3
Your Admissions Counsellor or firstname.lastname@example.org Fax 780.465.8321 In Person Registration and Student Finance Office
Check Your EmailView More
It is important to check regularly the email address you listed on your application for the following:
- Your Admissions Counsellor will be in touch with you if they require additional information to make an admission decision.
- Your admissions decision! After your application has been reviewed, you will be notified by email with confirmation of your admission decision (while you’re waiting for your official admission decision to arrive in the mail).
- Your next steps in the admission process.
- Information about the King’s community! Read the 'Tips for New Students' e-newsletters and the Room 6:01 Student Blog to gain insights into life on campus!
King’s E-mail Account
In May you will be assigned a King’s student email address. From this point onward official communication from King’s will be sent to your King’s email. You will be able to access your King’s email through Webmail. For instructions on forwarding your King’s email to your personal email address, click here.
International Student Study Permits
Once you have received your official letter of admission, you can apply for a study permit. King’s recommends applying for a study permit 3-6 months before the semester begins to allow for adequate processing time. For more information, please click here.
Apply for ResidenceView More
Learn about King’s 3 Residence options.
First Year Guarantee
First year students starting in the Fall who apply and pay their Residence Deposit by June 15 are guaranteed a Tower Room (double occupancy)!
- Early October: Residence Application opens
- November 30: Residence Deposit Deadline for Winter applicants.
- June 15: Residence Deposit Deadline for Fall applicants. Applications received after June 15 will not be processed without a deposit.
Apply for Scholarships & AwardsView More
Scholarships & Awards Application
- February 1: Scholarships & Awards Application opens
- March 31: Deadline to apply for Scholarships & Awards
**Note: Students must receive at least initial admission by March 31 to be eligible to receive award money in September.
Student Aid Calculator
Get an estimate of how much school is going to cost by using King’s Student Aid Calculator.
Admitted Next StepsView More