Admitted Next Steps
1. Confirm your place at King's
To confirm your place at King's, you are required to pay a non-refundable Tuition Deposit:
- B.A., B.Sc., B.Com. and B.Mus. Applicants: $400
- B.Ed. Applicants: $1,000
- April 1: Recommended Tuition Deposit deadline. Once paid, students will be given access to their Online Services and can register in classes.
- June 15: Tuition Deposit Deadline.
- November 30: Tuition Deposit Deadline.
Paying Your Deposit
The Tuition Deposit can be paid online through King’s Online Payments. King’s also accepts these additional methods of payment.
2. Apply for Residence
Learn about our three residence options.
First Year Guarantee
First year students starting in the Fall who apply and pay their residence deposit are guaranteed a Tower Room (double occupancy)!
- Early October: Residence Application opens.
- November 30: Residence Deposit Deadline for Winter applicants.
- June 15: Residence Deposit Deadline for Fall applicants. Applications received after June 15 will not be processed without a deposit.
- September 3-5, 2020: Residence move-in day
3. Apply for Scholarships & Awards
In addition to King’s automatic Admission Scholarships (no application required), students can also apply for competitive scholarships and awards.
- February 1, 2020: Scholarships & Awards Application opens
- March 31, 2020: Deadline to apply for Scholarships & Awards
**Note: Students must receive at least initial admission by March 31 to be eligible to receive award money in September.
Student Aid Calculator
Get an estimate of how much school is going to cost by using King’s Student Aid Calculator.
4. Sign into your Online Services account
Starting in April, and after you have paid your Tuition Deposit, you will be assigned a Student ID number that you will use to access your Online Services. Once you are logged in, you will be able to:
- See important dates and deadlines.
- Accept your student contractual obligations.
- Update your address information.
- Register in courses!
- Request a letter of confirmation for RESP or scholarship purposes.
- Enrol in monthly installments (monthly tuition payment plan) and more.
5. Apply for on-campus employment
A great way to earn some spending (or saving!) money throughout the school year is by getting an on-campus job. Most jobs are 10-15 hours a week and work around your class schedule. Some areas you can work in include: library, front desk reception, security, cafeteria, bookstore and more! Positions are given away on a first-come, first-served basis, so apply online by the recommended April 30 early-bird deadline.
- April 1: On-Campus Employment Application opens
- April 30: On-Campus Employment Early-Bird Deadline (recommended)
- August 15: On-Campus Employment Application Deadline
6. Register in classes
Starting in April and after you have paid your Tuition Deposit, you will receive your “2020-2021 King’s Registration Information” e-mail with your program’s first year course list. You can then register in courses! For tips, see Course Registration 101.
**Note: Students must be registered in 4 courses per term (12 credits) to be eligible to receive scholarships, 3 courses per term (9 credits) to be eligible to receive bursaries.
Need help? Contact Admissions to go over your questions or to book a one-on-one registration appointment with an Admissions Officer.
7. Check your student webmail
After you pay your Tuition Deposit, you will be assigned a King’s student email address in May. From this point onward, official communication from King’s will be sent to your King’s email. You will be able to access your King’s email through webmail. For instructions on forwarding your King’s email to your personal email address, click here.
Please note: Though the use of your King’s email is very important for while you are a student at The King's University, it will be deleted when you no longer remain a current student at King's so please plan accordingly as you finish your studies with us.
8. Check your award results & accept your awards
Checking Your Results
At the end of May/beginning of June, you will be able to view your Scholarships & Awards Application results online. If you have not yet paid your Tuition Deposit, view your results on your Application Portal; if you have paid your deposit, view your results on your Online Services. Then click on “Important Documents.”
Accepting Your Awards
To formally accept your awards, you will need to pay your Tuition Deposit and register in classes by June 15. You will need to register in a minimum of 4 courses per term to accept scholarships, and at least 3 courses per term to accept bursaries. You can pay your deposit online here.
- Late May/Early June: Scholarships & Awards Application results are available
- June 15: Deadline to accept your awards
9. Apply for a government student loan
Government Student Loan Applications become available between mid-June and early July, depending on the province. You can apply online here. We recommend students complete the application at least 6 weeks before the semester begins for the funds to come in on time. If you have questions, see Government Student Loan Information or contact the Student Finance and Scholarships Office.
- Mid-June: Government Student Loan Application opens
- July 15: Recommended Deadline for Fall Applicants
- November 15: Recommended Deadline for Winter Applicants
10. Explore King's student services
Did you know that King’s Student Life department offers many support services for students, including accommodations for students with learning disabilities, tutoring, writing support, our UNIV 150: Academic Success Course and psychological counselling? Check out Student Services for more details.
11. Get to know your student healthcare options
The King’s Students’ Association (TKUSA) offers an extensive healthcare plan for all students through the carrier wespeakstudent.com. There are 4 plans to choose from depending on what prescription, dental, vision and extended health coverage you need. Students with comparable healthcare coverage can opt out of the plan. For more details, see the TKUSA webpage and click on “Health Plan.”
12. Check your booklist
The Fall Booklist will be available in mid-August on King’s Textbook Store page. The Winter Booklist will be available in mid-December. King’s Bookstore offers new textbooks at list prices. Some students wait until the first week of classes before purchasing their textbooks so that professors can clarify which books you will need. If you would like to purchase your books ahead of time, use King’s Textbook Shipping Form, and your textbooks can be shipped, or set aside for you when you arrive on campus.
13. Complete your online confirmation
This is the final step to you becoming a student at King’s! Complete your Registration Confirmation online, or book an in-person appointment through your Online Services for the beginning of the semester. For the upcoming semester, you will confirm the number of courses you will be taking, pay for your tuition and fees, confirm your contact information and upload a picture for your Student ID Card. Check your King’s Webmail closer to the date for more details.
- Fall Registration Confirmation Deadline: August 29-30, 2020
- Winter Registration Confirmation Deadline: January 11, 2021
14. Attend Orientation Week
At King's, we want you to get off to a flying start! Learn more about new student Orientation. If you have any questions, just contact your Admissions Officer.