Begin a career in Kinesiology at King's
The Kinesiology minor provides a general introduction to kinesiology, giving students the knowledge, skills, and experience on how people can live a healthy lifestyle. The program focuses on sports, wellness, coaching, and teaching but is also useful for students who want to dig deeper into the field of human anatomy, physiology, and nutrition.
Go beyond the classroom by learning individual and team sports. Understand how to come alongside others to help them lead lives enriched by leisure and activity. In a health-conscious society abundant with misinformation about healthy living, it is important to have accurate facts about physical education and well-being.
Kinesiology Program Highlights
- Understand how anatomy, physiology, fitness and nutrition all play a role in a person's total wellness.
- Gain knowledge and practical skills needed to help others live healthier lifestyles.
- Participate in hands-on work opportunities or pursue a particular area of interest with practicums and special topics study.
- Foster a holistic understanding of humanity and countless factors that contribute to human wellness.
- Dive into sports and the role they play in keeping us healthy and social.
- Learn how fitness, wellness, and health can bring glory to God.
Kinesiology Program Options
Available as a concentration:
- 3-Year Bachelor of Arts in Social Science - Sports and Recreation Stream
Available as a minor for:
- 4-Year Bachelor of Arts
- 4-Year Bachelor of Commerce
- 4-Year Bachelor of Music
- 4-Year Bachelor of Science (Biology and Computing Science majors)