Begin a career in Kinesiology at King's
The Kinesiology minor provides a general introduction into the field of human health science. The program equips students with knowledge and skills pertaining to healthy living and movement. King's Kinesiology program focuses on sports, wellness, coaching, and teaching but is also useful for students who want to dig deeper into anatomy, physiology, and nutrition.
Go beyond the classroom by learning individual and team sports. Understand how to come alongside others to help them lead lives enriched by leisure and activity. In a health-conscious society abundant with misinformation about healthy living, it is important to have accurate facts about physical education and well-being.
Kinesiology Program Highlights
- Understand how anatomy, physiology, fitness and nutrition all play a role in a person's total wellness.
- Gain knowledge and practical skills needed to help others live healthier lifestyles.
- Participate in hands-on work opportunities or pursue a particular area of interest with practicums and special topics study.
- Foster a holistic understanding of humanity and countless factors that contribute to human wellness.
- Dive into sports and the role they play in keeping us healthy and social.
- Learn how fitness, wellness, and health can bring glory to God.
Kinesiology Program Options
Being involved in sports my entire life, Kinesiology has sparked my interest in giving back to the athletic community through coaching, teaching, and mentoring. The Kinesiology program at King’s is the perfect fit, for the small class sizes allow one on one interaction in order to perfect a concept. Each professor exhibits passion through their discipline by providing personal experience and going above and beyond to ensure success for each student.
Lauren Kroetsch, B.Sc. in Biology with Kinesiology minor