Earn your Education degree as an after-degree at King's
Make a difference in the lives of students. Be the reason they learn to love learning by helping them succeed both in and outside of the classroom.
The kind of a difference you are able to make in a students life can be affected by the quality of your teacher preparation program. Our world needs educators who have developed authentic connections between their faith and teaching practices. That's why King's innovative curriculum blends theory, reflective practices, lectures from highly qualified professors, and an extended 17-week teaching practicum to ensure graduates leave with highly practical and current teaching approaches.
Students of King's Elementary and Secondary Education programs acquire the knowledge, skills, and attributes required of teachers educating in the complex modern school environment. Graduates qualify for teacher certification in Alberta, across Canada, and abroad.
Education alumni employed within two years of graduating
Students who are satisfied with their program
Average earnings of teachers in Alberta
Education Program Highlights
- Learn to teach in elementary or secondary classrooms and in a variety of school settings.
- Become an educator who cares deeply about students and their growth.
- Join King's education graduates who are recognized as some of the best prepared teachers in Alberta.
- Discover a program that inspires you to teach from the heart and out of who you are as a person.
- Learn from classroom master teachers and a 12-week final practicum that provides you with real school experience.
- Develop connections between your faith and teaching practices as you prepare for employment in private, Catholic, public, and alternative schools.
- Explore the kind of teacher you want to be as you learn from professors who teach out of experience and a practical understanding of what makes classrooms work.
- Study in a close, tight-knit cohort where classmates become friends and future colleagues.
Field experience is an important part of King's education program. It's where an aspiring teacher begins to understand what it means to make a difference in the life of a student. At King's, Education students spend a total of 18 weeks in the classroom across two separate practicums! Each student meets personally with the Education Field Services Manager who assists students in finding the right practicum and school setting for them.
All practicums take place under the supervision of certified classroom mentor teachers and King’s faculty supervisors.
Students also have options to work one-on-one with struggling students, attend literacy events, or participate in classroom observation sessions depending on whether they are enrolled in the Elementary or Secondary program.
Education Program Options
Available as a major (B.Ed. After-Degree)
- 2-year Bachelor of Education After-Degree (Elementary)
- Pre-B.Ed program (Elementary)
- 2-year Bachelor of Education After-Degree (Secondary)
- Pre-B.Ed program (Secondary)
Available as a minor
- B.A. B.Com., B.Mus., 4-Year B.Sc. (BIOL & CMPT majors)
Education professors at King's help you identify what kind of teacher you are meant to be. The program is small enough to adapt to the needs of each student, and profs take your feedback seriously. You'll quickly get the practical classroom experience you need to make a difference in the lives of others.
Cyrus Dunnewold, B.Ed. '17
Unity Christian School