General Newfoundland and Labrador High School Admission Requirements
- Five academic Grade 12 courses with an overall average of 60%:
- One course must be English 3201.
- Three courses must be Standard (see chart below for Standard courses).
- The fifth course may be a Standard or Non-Standard course carrying normal weight (see list below for Non-Standard courses).
- Cannot be Special Projects or Work Experience.
- Two courses of lower course weight may be substituted for the fifth course.
- Meet any Program-Specific Requirements.
- English Proficiency.
Alternative Admission Requirements
- An applicant who cannot present five acceptable courses, but can present a 70% average on four courses, may be admitted as an Unclassified Student to take an approved course for credit. A grade of C- or better in the course will allow the student to be considered for regular admission in the following term.
If you don’t think you are eligible for admission into King’s, don’t lose hope! Contact one of our Admissions Counsellors and they will be happy to review your options with you.
|Other Math||Academic Math 3201|
World History 3201,
Earth Systems 3209
|Fine Arts||Art & Design 3200,
Ensemble Performance 3105,
Applied Mus 3206
A maximum of one non-standard course may be presented for admission:
- Canadian Literature 3205
- Christian Leadership 3204
- ENVS 3205
- Folk Literature 3203
- Geology 3223
- Global Issues 3205
- Literature 3206