Study a Bachelor of Arts in Sociology at King's
Ever wonder why people listen to certain types of music, dress the way they do, commit crimes, or struggle with homelessness or addictions? Sociology engages these and other questions by looking deep into our social character and the systemic organization of human interaction.
The Sociology program at King's starts with one basic assumption: that human beings are social beings created in love and to love.
A Sociology degree helps students develop a variety of skills and insights that are vital for working and living well in today's world. Students develop research expertise, critical thinking skills, and decision-making skills while learning report preparation techniques; new communication, resolution, and leadership skills; and more.
Sociology graduates who are gainfully employed
Unique courses in the Sociology Program
Students who are satisfied with their overall education
Sociology Program Highlights
- Explore society's interconnections including the realities, struggles, challenges, and opportunities of various demographics.
- Study social phenomena as you prepare to take up careers with social justice concerns in mind.
- Develop new skills including research expertise, critical thinking, decision making, oral communication, policy, analysis, listening and collaboration, and more.
- Participate in field research as part of King's Community Engaged Research program.
- Explore how important facets of our society, such as religion, art, science, sports, and marriage, shape us individuals.
- Discover how social systems oppress some while benefiting others, and apply your faith to real world problems.
- Think abstractly about life and society and learn new ways to make a difference in the lives of others.
Sociology Program Options
Available as a major:
- 4-year Bachelor of Arts
Available as a concentration:
- 3-Year Bachelor of Arts
- 4-Year Bachelor of Science in Environmental Studies
Available as a minor:
- 4-Year Bachelor of Arts (excluding 3-Year SSCI major)
- 4-Year Bachelor of Commerce
- 4-Year Bachelor of Music
- 4-Year Bachelor of Science (Biology and Computing Science majors)