Study your minor in Drama at King's
Take your performance skills to the stage in live theatre and motion pictures! Students in the Drama program learn to perform and express themselves--and other personas--both on stage and behind-the-scenes. As a drama minor, students have the opportunity to contribute to short and full length productions, and if they're up for the challenge, to take centre stage!
Drama is rich with possibility for personal and professional development. This minor is also a good fit for students who are interested in King's Bachelor of Education degree and instructing high school drama programs themselves.
Want a closer look? Take a look at some past performances, and keep an eye out for upcoming production announcements to get a better idea of what drama at King's is all about.
Drama Program Highlights
- Immerse yourself in an art form involving the complete resources of a person in one medium.
- Step out of your comfort zone as you embrace the dramatic process.
- Build your confidence and talents in dramatic settings in a community that is safe, respectful, open, and fun regardless of skill level.
- Perform on stage, shine, and bless others through dramatic artistic expression.
- Study various aspects of the dramatic process; from stagecraft and design, oral communication development, and motion picture production, to live performance.
- Encounter a program perfect for those who imagine themselves holding a public-facing role, are looking to build public confidence, wish to gain greater appreciation for the theatrical arts, or simply posses a love for acting and story-telling.
Consider auditioning or volunteering for The King's Players, the official drama company of The King's University. The King's Players puts on a wide variety of productions and is open to interested students and community members. The troupe utilizes the campus drama facility which includes a stage and prop workshop, costume room, production studio, and soft seat theatre.
Drama Program Options
Zayal Sirdar, Graduate Student - Utrecht University
I am currently living in the Netherlands pursuing a Masters in Organizational Behaviour and Work Psychology from Utrecht University. My courses and experiences at King’s prepared me for this. If…Read More