Study a minor in Economics at King's
Whether you're a consumer, worker, business owner, or voter, all of us are part of the economy. We take part in economic systems every day and, as a society, we face important economic issues including poverty, unemployment, and environmental degradation. Studying economics empowers us to make responsible economic choices and find solutions to problems caused by unbalanced or unfair systems.
Examine various economic models, trends, and realities. Understand the role of economics in the context of the rest of society. Consider how social, political, and environmental issues are intertwined with economic activity and how this can be structured to help us live well while seeking justice, peace, and the integrity of creation.
Economics Program Highlights
- Study the economy in the context of society considering how economic, social, political and environmental issues are intertwined.
- Test economic assumptions in practical and engaging ways.
- Learn how economic activity can help us live well while seeking justice, peace, and the integrity of creation.
- Gain insights into global systems and institutions that directly impact your participation in your day-to-day marketplace.
- Develop an understanding of how big picture phenomena affect day-to-day experiences and the operations of government and businesses.
Economics Program Options
Available as a major
- 4-Year Bachelor of Arts in Politics, History & Economics
Available as a concentration
- 4-Year Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Studies (Economics and Politics concentration)
Available as a minor
- B.A. (excluding 3-Year SSCI major or 4-Year PHES major)
- 4-Year B.Sc.(BIOL & CMPT majors)