Study a minor in Economics at King's
Whether you're a consumer, worker, business owner, or voter, all of us are part of the economy. We take part in economic systems every day and, as a society, we face important economic issues including poverty, unemployment, and environmental degradation. Studying economics empowers us to make responsible economic choices and find solutions to problems caused by unbalanced or unfair systems.
Examine various economic models, trends, and realities. Understand the role of economics in the context of the rest of society. Consider how social, political, and environmental issues are intertwined with economic activity and how this can be structured to help us live well while seeking justice, peace, and the integrity of creation.
Economics Program Highlights
- Study the economy in the context of the rest of society, considering how economic, social, political and environmental issues are intertwined.
- Test the performance or validity of economic assumptions in practical and engaging ways.
- Study how economic activity can help us live well while seeking justice, peace, and the integrity of creation through a Christian teaching perspective.
- Learn the appropriate role of government in economy and its present controversies and how options for change in the political economy are linked to fundamental/religious perspectives.
- Explore the taken-for-granted meanings behind the market, such as owning property.
- Gain insights into global systems and institutions that directly impact your participation in the marketplace that is relevant to you in Edmonton and Canada.
- Understand the indispensable skill of how the big picture phenomena affect day-to-day experiences and operations of organizations and business.
Economics Program Options
Available as a major
- 4-Year Bachelor of Arts in Politics, History & Economics
Available as a concentration
- 4-Year Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Studies (Economics and Politics concentration)
Available as a minor
- B.A. (excluding 3-Year SSCI major or 4-Year PHES major)
- 4-Year B.Sc.(BIOL & CMPT majors)