Study Social Science at King's
Make a difference in the world by studying a variety of disciplines. The Social Science program will expose students to topics on human health, non-discriminatory economic systems, equitable public policy, various social structures, international relationships, human psychology, and more.
This flexible concentration is excellent preparation for the After Degree in Education, careers in the human services sector, work for social justice agencies, and more. Many students are interested in more than one area of study and find it difficult to choose just one. The Social Science major allows students to adjust their program to areas that interest them most; economics, political science, sociology, psychology, geography, education, and history, or a more focused combination of two or three of these disciplines.
In addition to the above, Social Science at King's - particularly the sports and recreation stream - is excellent preparation for students looking to enter careers related to kinesiology, physical education (teachable major), and movement instruction.
Social Science Program Highlights
- Take the opportunity to incorporate an incredible breadth of courses and interests into your degree with this extremely flexible concentration.
- Expose yourself to a variety of academic disciplines and dig deeper into why society, and our world functions the way that it does.
- Recognize the relationship between theory and real world social phenomena.
- Unpack the causes of chronic social problems (i.e. poverty, inequality, etc.) from different points of view (historical, economic, psychological).
- Discover the concentration as an excellent preparation for many specific fields of study, for instance the Sports and Recreation stream, which prepares you for careers in physical education, kinesiology, and the human body.
- Learn to make decisions that more accurately represent the core principles of your faith, and by extension, bring about a better world for everyone.
Social Science Program Options
Available as a concentration:
- 3-Year Bachelor of Arts
- 4-Year Bachelor of Science in Environmental Studies