Study your minor in Mathematics at King's
Delve into the beautiful intricacies of mathematics. Spend some time pondering the rich algebraic and geometric patterns that have fascinated humanity for millennia.
Students in King's mathematics minor explore the abstraction of pure mathematics with its rich interconnected structures. We dig deep into the great questions of mathematics: what are all these sets, numbers, and functions; where did they come from; and how and why do they fit together in so many ways?
Students in the mathematics minor also investigate how mathematics relates to many academic disciplines through mathematical models. Consider population models in mathematical biology, asset and resource development models in business and finance, information processing in computing science, or sound production in music.
Mathematics Program Highlights
- Improve your technical skills in abstract thinking, logical reasoning, problem solving, and numeracy.
- Investigate the wide variety of ways in which mathematical ideas and structures are used to describe natural creation and human systems.
- Take your career in mathematics further with a teachable major in preparation for the 2-year After degree in Secondary Education.
- Study the logic of patterns found not just in natural structure, but also music theory, language, games, and human behaviours.
- Engage in a variety of mathematics courses with diverse topics.
- Select to pursue a particular mathematical interest through a directed study.
Mathematics Program Options
Available as a minor:
- 4-Year Bachelor of Arts
- 4-Year Bachelor of Commerce
- 4-Year Bachelor of Music
- 4-Year Bachelor of Science