Study a Bachelor of Arts in Politics, History, and Economics at King's
Do you have a passion for the big issues that face our world today? Want to work with others to make things better? Modeled after the acclaimed and widely recognized Philosophy, Politics, and Economics major at Oxford University, the Politics-History-Economics (PHE) program at King's is a unique interdisciplinary degree that prepares students for life and careers in law, policy, the public sphere, and much more.
Why study three disciplines in one degree? Each discipline contributes unique understandings and expertise relevant to participation in the public sphere. Together, they equip students to think deeply and critically, and to flexibly apply a broad range of tools in complex, ever-changing situations.
Politics-History-Economics Program Highlights
- Take courses in all three disciplines, and specific courses designed to bring the three disciplines together.
- Study the institutions, structures, and practices that shape how we live together as a society.
- Learn how different actors – such as government, non-profits, business, the media, schools, and the church – each play a unique role in contributing to the common good.
- Discover how each of these interact with each other and how these relationships can be structured in ways that promote flourishing.
- Integrate theory and practice through classes and assignments that focus on applying learning to real-life situations.
- Participate in internships and study abroad programs that allow you to gain professional skills, build your resume, and expand your network.
- Find work in international development and non-profit employment through King's Micah Certificate in Justice and Development.
Politics-History-Economics Program Options
Available as a major:
- 4-Year Bachelor of Arts
Available as a concentration:
- 4-Year Bachelor of Arts or Science in Environmental Studies (Politics and Economics)