Micah Certificate in Justice and Development
A Micah Certificate in Justice and Development can be obtained in conjunction with any three or four-year degree at King's by focusing electives in related courses. The Micah Certificate offers education and experience towards preparing students for work in the area of justice and international development as well as other careers related to Christian ministry or justice issues.
Micah Certificate in Justice and Development Program Highlights
- Explore opportunities and issues in an increasingly globalized and interconnected world.
- Unpack the process and realities of development from the perspective of the poor.
- Learn about the various ways in which nations and non-government organizations have approached international development; what has worked well and what hasn't.
- Discover the role world politics plays on the development of nations in the global south.
- Apply principles learned throughout the program to a three or six month internship that allows you to work alongside experienced development practitioners.
Micah Certificate in Justice and Development Program Options
Jesse Edgington, Northern Alberta Diaconal Conference
Following my time at King's, I initially went into working with animal services at both the University of Alberta and the University of Victoria. However, in 2016, I shifted careers and pushed forward into what I truly believe my calling to be. "At King's, I learnt the practical and theological tools to work for reconciliation throughout the City of Edmonton and surrounding areas." I now work for the Northern Alberta Diaconal Conference (NADC) through which I mobilize and support Christian…