Study Political Science at King's
Political science studies the governance of public communities. The program focuses on political institutions such as the state, executive, courts and legislatures, and it examines the role of citizens, public officials, interest groups and political parties within the political system as a whole.
For more information about Political Science, visit our Politics-History-Economics page.
King's offers a multidisciplinary four-year Bachelor of Arts in Politics-History-Economics, as well as a concentration in Economics and Politics in the four-year Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Studies. We also offer a minor in Political Science.
Political Science Program Highlights
- Engage in classroom studies, discussions and hands-on experiences that will challenge you to articulate the underlying dilemmas in public life
- Participate in internships and study-abroad opportunities that allow you to develop professional skills, build your resume and expand your network
- Study using experiential and interactive learning opportunities that build knowledge, understanding and transferable skills
- Learn from a thoughtful, faith-based perspective that also respects the diversity found among our students and in broader society
- Integrate theory and practice through classes and assignments that focus on applying learning to real-life situations
- Discover work in international development and non-profit employment through King's Micah Certificate in Justice and Development
Political Science Program Options
Available as a major
- 4-year Bachelor of Arts in Politics, History & Economics
Available as a concentration
- 4-year Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Studies (Economics and Politics concentration)