Study a Bachelor of Arts in History at King's
Open up the potential of your historical imagination. Explore the early origins of western civilization. What might it have been like to live in London during the darkest days of World War II? How might the first years of European encounters with the First Peoples of North America felt like? Encounter incredible stories of how humans lived, fought, and thought in times and places very different from our own.
History is a fantastic program for those who want to understand the depth and complexity of life. It provides students with a deeper understanding of modern day conflicts, ideas, and assumptions about the world. Through reading, research, and critical writing, students develop and refine their ability to think critically, creatively, and imaginatively. Graduates of the History program become more sensitive to the nature of cultural formation and are able to apply their understanding of the past to work and life.
- A varied history curriculum, including courses in British, European, American, Canadian, Russian, and world history.
- Excellent teaching in small classes with lots of informal interactions with faculty outside of the classroom.
- Opportunities to specialize in thematic areas: the Atlantic World; War and Peace; Environmental History; History of Christianity.
- Carry out independent research using primary sources under the direct supervision of a faculty member.
- Student field trips.
History programs at King's
Available as a major:
- 4-Year Bachelor of Arts
- 4-Year Bachelor of Arts in Politics, History & Economics
Available as a concentration:
- 3-Year Bachelor of Arts
- 4-Year Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Studies
Available as a minor:
- B.A. (excluding 3-Year SSCI major or 4-Year PHES major)
- 4-Year B.Sc.(BIOL & CMPT majors)