Newfoundland and Labrador High School Admission Requirements
Newfoundland high school students will be accepted for admission based on the following criteria. If you do not think you are eligible for admission, contact one of King's Admissions Officers and they will be happy to review your options with you.
- Five academic Grade 12 courses with an overall average of 60%:
- One course must be English 3201.
- Three courses must be Standard (see chart below for Standard courses).
- The fifth course may be a Standard or Non-Standard course carrying normal weight (see list below for Non-Standard courses).
- Cannot be Special Projects or Work Experience.
- Two courses of lower course weight may be substituted for the fifth course.
- Meet any Program-Specific Requirements.
- English Proficiency.
|Other Math||Math 3201|
|Social Studies||World History 3201,
World Geography 3202
Earth Systems 3209
|Fine Arts||Art & Design 3200,
Ensemble Performance 3105,
Applied Mus 3206
A maximum of one non-standard course may be presented for admission:
- Canadian Literature 3205
- Christian Leadership 3204
- ENVS 3205
- Folk Literature 3203
- Geology 3223
- Global Issues 3205
- Literature 3206
An applicant who cannot present five acceptable courses, but can present a 70% average on four courses, may be admitted as an Unclassified Student to take an approved course for credit. A grade of C- or better in the course will allow the student to be considered for regular admission in the following term.
If you don’t think you are eligible for admission into King’s, don’t lose hope! Contact one of our Admissions Officers and they will be happy to review your options with you.