Accounting at King's
The accounting stream prepares students to wield numbers and financial management to succeed in the world of business. This program is fully accredited by CPA Alberta meaning graduates can pursue their professional accounting designation upon graduation. The accounting stream is also perfect for students looking to pursue careers related to finances and money management outside of the accounting profession.
In addition to the required general courses for a BCom, students specializing in Accounting should take the following:
- BUSI 370 - Introduction to Finance
- BUSI 371 - Intermediate Finance
- BUSI 353 - Intermediate Financial Accounting I
- BUSI 354 - Intermediate Financial Accounting II
- BUSI 355 - Management Accounting
- BUSI 357 - Advanced Management Accounting
- BUSI 361 - Tax Principles
- BUSI 411 - Accounting and Business Management
- BUSI 460 - Audit
Most students should choose to take their introductory business courses and as many Common Curriculum courses as they can fit in their first year. If you are pursuing an accounting designation, you need to ensure you complete the required courses when they are offered (some courses are only offered once every two years). Every student is assigned a faculty advisor when they pay their tuition deposit to help with course selection throughout their program.
Program streams allow for specialization within a degree program and prepare students for future employment and professional studies.