Ontario High School Admission Requirements
Ontario high school students will be accepted for admission based on the the following criteria. If you do not think you are eligible for admission into King's, don't worry! Contact one of our Admissions Counsellors and they will be happy to review your options with you.
- Five academic Grade 12 courses with an overall average of 60%:
- One course must be English (ENG4U) or Studies in Literature (ETS4U).
- Three courses must be Standard (see chart below for Standard courses).
- The fifth course may be a Standard or Non-Standard course carrying normal weight (see list below for Non-Standard courses).
- Cannot be Special Projects or Work Experience.
- Two courses of lower course weight may be substituted for the fifth course.
- Meet any Program-Specific Requirements.
- English Proficiency.
|Language||Any level 5 native language (LNAEO-LNOEO, LBADU-LYXDU),
Any 4U-level French (FSF4U, FEF4U, FIF4U)
|Algebra||Advanced Functions (MHF4U)|
|Other Math||Math of Data Management (MDM4U)|
History (CHI4U or CHY4U), World Geography (CGU4U),
additional courses listed below
Computing Studies (ICS4U).
Earth and Space Science (SES4U),
University/College Preparation (SNC4M)
|Fine Arts||Visual Arts (AVI4M),
A maximum of one non-standard course may be presented for admission:
- Any 4U or 4M course
Additional Social Studies Courses
Equity & Social Justice (HSE4M), Aboriginal Governance (NDG4M), World Cultures (HSC4M), Phil: Questions & Theories (HZT4U), Canadian & Int'l Law (CLN4U), Canadian & World Politics (CPW4U), Iss of Indigenous People (NDW4M), Analysing Crrnt Econ Iss(CIA4U), Families in Canada (HHS4U), Challenge & Change in Soc (HSB4U), Interdisciplinary Studies (IDC4U or IDP4U)
An applicant who cannot present five acceptable courses, but can present a 70% average on four courses, may be admitted as an Unclassified Student to take an approved course for credit. A grade of C- or better in the course will allow the student to be considered for regular admission in the following term.
If you don’t think you are eligible for admission into King’s, don’t lose hope! Contact one of our Admissions Counsellors and they will be happy to review your options with you.