Québec High School Admission Requirements
Quebec high school students will be accepted for admission based on the the following criteria. If you do not think you are eligible for admission into King's, don't worry! Contact one of our Admissions Counsellors and they will be happy to review your options with you.
- Five academic Grade 12 courses with an overall average of 60%:
- One course must be English Lit 603 Series.
- Three courses must be Standard (see chart below for Standard courses).
- The fifth course may be a Standard or Non-Standard course carrying normal weight.
- Cannot be Special Projects or Work Experience.
- Two courses of lower course weight may be substituted for the fifth course.
- Meet any Program-Specific Requirements.
- English Proficiency.
French 602, 607-616 language series
|Social Studies||History 330 Series,
Ancient Civ 332,
Geog 320 Series
|Science||Biology 101 Series,
Chemistry 202 Series,
Physics 203 Series
|Fine Arts||Art 520,
An applicant who cannot present five acceptable courses, but can present a 70% average on four courses, may be admitted as an Unclassified Student to take an approved course for credit. A grade of C- or better in the course will allow the student to be considered for regular admission in the following term.
If you don’t think you are eligible for admission into King’s, don’t lose hope! Contact one of our Admissions Counsellors and they will be happy to review your options with you.