5 Ways to Celebrate Earth Day From Home
Happy Earth month friends! If you didn’t know, Earth Day is on April 22 and the theme for this year is climate action. The enormous challenge of climate change, but also the many opportunities for action, have distinguished this issue as the most pressing topic for the 50th anniversary. Even though Earth Day parades, events, and other celebrations will be cancelled this year, I encourage you to still use this day to appreciate our planet and reflect on the impact our species has had on our beautiful home.
Don’t know where to start? Here are some ways you can appreciate the Earth from your home:
- Join the Earth Day live event on April 22! Register for an event here.
- Make an Earth Day window sign. Using cardboard, paper, or whatever else you have on hand, create a sign that will let your neighbours know they can get involved. If you need inspiration, click here!
- Fight climate change with diet change. Our food choices have a significant impact not only on our health, but on the planet too. Reducing meat from your diet, or trying plant-based meals even 1-2 times a week can have a huge impact! Need recipe ideas? One of my favourite plant-based cookbooks is Oh She Glows!
- Get outside! Make some time in your day to get outside, enjoy the fresh air, and appreciate all the nature around you.
- Learn more about going zero-waste and try making this shift in areas of your own life! Since most of us have extra time on our hands now, check out this list of “10 Books To Inspire Your Zero Waste Home and Lifestyle”.
While it’s great to have a day that marks the celebration of our planet, why shouldn’t we be grateful for our home every day? Our planet provides us with the food we eat, the water we drink, and the air we breathe – I think it deserves a lot more credit than we give it. I hope this gives you some ideas of ways to appreciate our amazing planet, not only on April 22, but every day.
Happy Earth Day!