National Friendship Day
July 22nd is National Friendship Day! On behalf of the day, I thought we should honor the friendships we have since this is one of the most important relationships we could have. I have come up with a list of ideas you can do to celebrate with your friends:
- Early Friendsgiving. October isn’t the only appropriate time to have a Friendsgiving to show your friends an appreciation.
- Reconnect with an old friend. Thanks to technology and all the social media platforms we have, it is so much easier getting in touch with an old friend.
- Surprise Gift. What better way to show your appreciation for your friends than surprising them with something special?
- Send flowers. I don’t think there would be anyone that would be disappointed in receiving flowers. Send your friend flowers with a note to brighten their day.
- Unplug together. Shut off your phones and take advantage of the summer weather by going outside for a stroll, hike or swim. Spend some quality time together and celebrate.
- Write a letter. A simple way to express your appreciation and gratitude towards your friendship.
- Complete a bucket list. Why not create a little, fun friendship bucket list and spend the day completing it together?
- Staycation/Weekend Getaway. I personally love going on trips with my friends, so this occasion is a great excuse to take a trip whether it’s a staycation or a whole weekend getaway.
- Recreate old photos. Pull out those old pictures, from your first photo together all the way throughout the years, and recreate them. It’s a fun way to reminisce and see how much you guys have grown together.
- Treat them. Take them out on a little date for food, coffee, anything. I’m sure they will enjoy whatever you have in mind.
No matter how you decide to celebrate this day, I hope that you and your friends create some new special memories and enjoy each other’s company.
All the best,