Here comes the Winter!
Winter is coming so let's be prepared!
Here are some quick tips to survive this tough season.
- Always check the weather forecast before leaving the house.
- You can't always avoid getting sick but you can try and stay healthy. Missing classes means more catching up so get good amounts of sleep and stay active.
- Your skin is going to be a lot drier in the winter months so take extra care by using a good moisturizer. It can also help with static shocks.
- Wear layers instead of one big jacket that you can't squeeze into your locker!
- Make sure your car is prepped for winter. Stock it with a few useful items like cooking spray for frozen doors. Park facing east if you want to defrost your windshield.
- Do you bus? Then try to figure out your bus schedules so that you prevent waiting in the cold. Try the ETS "Live to Go" app.
- There is a higher tendency to be Vitamin D deficient during the winter season so get some of those in your cabinet!
- Bright colours absorb heat, especially black.
- If the weather looks set to be particularly harsh then arrange to sleep over with one of your residence friends.
- Get outside and breathe the fresh air even though it’s cold. Winter can be beautiful.
Let's stay positive and let's stay warm!