We Need Some Sugar!
Hey Lovely Commuters!
I know that it’s the toughest point of the semester and we deserve a break. So, let’s make Caramel Shortbread Squares!
Essential Ingredients :
- 2/3 cup butter
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 and ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 and ¼ cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 oF/ 175 oC
- Mix together 2/3 cup butter, white sugar and flour until they are evenly crumbled in a bowl. Press it into a baking pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Combine ½ cup butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and sweetened condensed milk in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and continue to about 5 minutes. Remove it from heat and then beat hardly for about 3 minutes. Pour this over the baked crust. Cool it until it begins to firm.
- Place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat for a minute, the stir and continue to heat and stir at 20 second intervals until chocolate is melted and smooth. Pour chocolate over the caramel layer and spread evenly to cover completely. Then chill and you’ll be good to cut it into squares.
Have a delicious last weeks of school!