English Language Summer Institute
Enhance your English language abilities through King's English Language Summer Institute.
This innovative 2-week program helps non-native English-speaking students improve their skills. Workshops are designed to increase language readiness for the classroom, home, and life in Canada. The English Language Summer Institute also includes cultural experiences and relationship building with international students in Edmonton.
What is Included?
- 2 weeks of intense English language learning enrichment
- Daily online audited practice and one-on-one tutoring
- Daily academic in-class workshops from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Weekly Edmonton outings on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 12:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Certified professors and teachers, small class sizes, and four ELL Levels.
- Learn and understand the importance of phonics for English pronunciation and spelling
- Create a foundation of vocabulary for school and daily living in Canada
- Acquire grade level reading readiness for understanding and discussion
- Analyze and apply grammar, usage, and mechanics skills for academic grade level writing
- Discover cultural vocabulary and phrases for navigating life in Canada
- Discuss and assess differences of educational expectations and study skills
- Work together and role-play real life scenarios for conversational English
- Compare and contrast Edmonton to home, creating connections of previous knowledge and better understanding