New Brunswick High School Admission Requirements
New Brunswick high school students will be accepted for admission based on the the following criteria. If you do not think you are eligible for admission into King's, don't worry! Contact one of our Admissions Counsellors and they will be happy to review your options with you.
- Five academic Grade 12 courses with an overall average of 60%:
- One course must be English 121 or 122.
- Three courses must be Standard (see chart below for Standard courses).
- The fifth course may be a Standard or Non-Standard course carrying normal weight (see list below for Non-Standard courses).
- Cannot be Special Projects or Work Experience.
- Two courses of lower course weight may be substituted for the fifth course.
- Meet any Program-Specific Requirements.
- English Proficiency.
|Language||121- or 122-level language|
|Algebra||Pre-Calculus 12A and/or 12B|
|Other Math||Foundations of Math 12|
|Calculus||Math 120 or Calculus 120
Canadian Geography 120
|Science||Biology 121 or 122
Chemistry 121 or 122
Physics 121 or 122
Trigonometry and 3-Space 121 or 122
|Fine Arts||Art 121 or 122
Visual Arts 120
Drama 121 or 122
Music 121 or 122
Theatre Arts 120
A maximum of one non-standard course may be presented for admission:
- Canadian Literature 120
- Economics 120
- Journalism 120
- Law 120
- Political Science 120
An applicant who cannot present five acceptable courses, but can present a 70% average on four courses, may be admitted as an Unclassified Student to take an approved course for credit. A grade of C- or better in the course will allow the student to be considered for regular admission in the following term.
If you don’t think you are eligible for admission into King’s, don’t lose hope! Contact one of our Admissions Counsellors and they will be happy to review your options with you.