Chemistry students and faculty enjoy fully-serviced classrooms and research laboratories. Laboratories include the following:
- Two-24 station fully-serviced chemistry labs
- Research project lab
- Instrument and research lab
- Preparation and chemical storage rooms
- Science machine shop
King's Chemistry students experience an experiential, research-rich curriculum in chemistry laboratories and independent research projects. We provide hands-on experience with many of the tools important to practicing chemists, biologists, and environmental scientists. All chemistry students make extensive use of computers for data collection, analysis, presenting results, and modelling chemical and biological systems.
The King’s Centre for Molecular Structure has the following equipment for student and research use:
- Cary 50 UV-Vis spectrophotometer
- Nicolet Impact 400 FTIR spectrometer
- Varian SpectraAA 55 atomic absorption spectrometer
- Bruker Avance 400 MHz NMR spectrometer
- Shimadzu GC 8A gas chromatograph with FID detection
- Varian ProStar HPLC with photodiode detector
- Varian Saturn 2100T ion trap GC-MS equipped with CombiPal autosampler for liquids, headspace and SPME sampling.
- MBraun Unilab glovebox
Chemistry faculty and students are actively involved in research at the King’s Centre for Visualization in Science. They produce digital learning objects that help students around the world understand key concepts, such as the role of chemistry in climate change.