Teachable majors and minors
Graduates of the B.Ed. Secondary program must have a teaching major (33 credits) and a teaching minor (18 credits) as part of their first degree. Students may enter the program with at least 27 credits of their teaching major and nine credits of their teaching minor and complete up to 12 credits within the Education Program.
Acceptable major and minor teaching areas:
- Biology/ Environmental Studies^ (Biology, Environmental Studies, Environmental Economics, Human Geography, GIS, Philosophy of the Environment, Theology of Creation)
- CTS: Business^ (Accounting, Business, Finance, Human Resources, Management, Marketing)
- CTS: Computing Science
- English Language Arts
- General physical sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Physical Geography)
- General sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Physical Geography, Mathematics, Computing Science)
- Physical Education (Physical Education, Kinesiology, Physical Activity)**
- Social Studies*** (Anthropology, Economics, History, Human Geography, Interdisciplinary Studies, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, Theology/Religious Studies)
Additional minor teaching areas:
- Art (Studio Art, Art History)
- Second Languages* (Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Punjabi, Spanish, Ukrainian)
^For majors or minors with courses from more than one subject, at least three subjects must be presented with senior courses in at least two.
*Minors in physics and second languages must be completed before admission.
**Phys Ed as a teachable major is best done through the 3 yr B.A. Social Science concentration.
***For a Social Studies teaching major, students pursuing an undergraduate degree at King's are encouraged to choose from: PHE, History, or Social Sciences Concentration.