Secondary Education: Physical Education Instruction
Do you want to teach Physical Education? Do want to go into the Education after-degree program? This stream may interest you.
In addition to the required general courses for the Social Sciences program, students specializing in the Physical Education Instruction stream will take the following:
For Pre-Bachelor of Education, Secondary Education bound students, the following courses required for the Phys Ed teachable major (PETM) content.
- KINS 255 - Personal Physical Fitness and Wellness
- KINS 300 - Fundamentals of Coaching
- KINS 348 - Socio-cultural Aspects of Sport
- KINS 393 - Movement Activities for Children
- KINS 338 - Psychology of Sport and Exercise
- KINS 396 - Health Psychology
- KINS 207 - Human Anatomy
- KINS 307 - Human Physiology I
- PSYC 351 - Childhood and Adolescence
3 Credits of:
6 Credits of:
Program streams allow for specialization within a degree program and prepare students for future employment and professional studies.