Sports and Recreation Studies
Assembled with future coaches, athletic therapists, physiotherapists, etc. in mind, the Sports and Recreation Studies stream is perfect for students wishing to seek employment in fields related to the health sciences.
Are you passionate about movement, the body, helping others live healthy, active lives? The Sports and Recreation Studies stream combines rigorous anatomy and physiology courses with classes designed to increase your knowledge in physical wellness, sport, psychological development and more.
In addition to the required general courses for the Social Sciences program, students specializing in Sports and Recreation Studies may take the following:
3 credits of:
9 credits of:
- KINS 348 - Socio-cultural Aspects of Sport
- KINS 395 - Leadership
- KINS 300 - Fundamentals of Coaching
- KINS 385 - Athletics Internship
- KINS 393 - Movement Activities for Children
- KINS 396 - Health Psychology
6 credits of:
- KINS 205 - Introduction to Soccer
- KINS 210 - Social Dance
- KINS 211 - Introduction to Basketball
- KINS 216 - Introduction to Volleyball
- KINS 222 - Strength Training and Conditioning
- KINS 223 - Introduction to Martial Arts
- KINS 237 - Introduction to Badminton
- KINS 305 - Advanced Soccer
Program advising streams are carefully selected groups of courses designed to prepare students for employment and professional study in areas of interest to them.