Whether you study here for one year, two years or for an entire degree, King's is a great place to prepare for future professional studies. Begin your studies in a faith-based environment before continuing your education elsewhere.
What is Criminology?
Criminology is the study of criminal behaviour including factors and causes of crime. This study also deals with the social impact of any crime of the criminal itself and on the victim and his or her family.
Criminology at: University of Alberta
Bachelor of Arts in Criminology Requirements
Pre-professional study time: Completion of 30 credits of a U of A Bachelor of Arts program or it’s equivalent including:
- 6 credits of English
- PSYCO 104 & 105 (King’s equivalent: PSYC 250 & 251)
- SOC 100 (King’s equivalent: SOCI 200)
- 6 credits of a language other than English
- Minimum GPA of 2.7 for consideration (most recent 30 credits)
Two letters of reference, resume (highlighting relevant volunteer/work experience), written statement of career objectives, and an interview.
King’s offers the one year of transfer credit required for the pre-professional study time for the U of A’s Bachelor of Arts in Criminology program.
Criminology at: University of Toronto
Masters of Criminology
- Requires a 4-year undergraduate degree (social sciences or humanities preferred)
- Minimum GPA of a B+ or 3.3 on the 4.0 scale
Note: This program is designed for students who are interested in theoretical research and teaching. The courses in this program are designed with the expectation that students have a sound understanding of social science methodologies, are capable of writing research and analytical papers, and are conversant with criminological theories.
King’s can offer the 4-year undergraduate degree required for admission into the Masters of Criminology at University of Toronto.
Criminology at: Simon Fraser University
Masters of Arts in Criminology
Requires an Undergraduate Degree
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Course in Social Science Research Methods
- Introductory Course in Stats
King’s can offer the Undergraduate degree required for admission into the Masters of Arts in Criminology at Simon Fraser University.
Criminology at: University of Ottawa
Masters of Arts in Criminology / Masters of Criminology Applied
- For a Masters Degree in Criminology, the requirement is usually an undergraduate degree in Humanities or Social Sciences (minimum 70% average or 2.8 GPA).
King’s can offer an undergraduate degree for admission into the criminology program, or other graduate programs.