Canada Day Festivities & Recipes
Happy Canada Day! There are a variety of things going on to celebrate Canada’s big birthday, and this blog is going to highlight them. Whether you have no idea what to do on Canada Day or are planning to have a big get together, this we've got the ideas just for you!
Here are different festivities going on throughout Edmonton:
- Millwoods Park – Child-friendly activities, tattoos, face painting, food trucks and fireworks!
- Legislature – Includes a family fun zone, live performances, pancake breakfast, and fireworks to end the day.
- Muttart Conservatory – Treats, music, and entertainment.
- Edmonton Valley Zoo – Hosts some treats, scavenger hunts, crafts, and more.
- Chinatown Night Market – Cultural displays, shopping for fun trinkets, and a community BBQ.
- The Works Art and Design Festival – Make Canada-themed art.
- Art Gallery of Alberta – Family fun activities and lots of exhibitions to explore.
For more information on the locations and times of the events, visit this page here!
Apart from highlighting the events around Edmonton, I have also listed some very Canadian recipes you can try out for all your Canada Day parties!
- Foie Gras Poutine
- Traditional Tourtiere
- Moose Burger with Wild Blueberry Onion Jam
- Ketchup Chip Mac n’ Cheese Balls
- Chicken Fried Rice Balls
- Maple Mustard Sesame Chicken Drumsticks
- Maple Eggnog Crème Brulee
- Strawberry Cheesecake Jelly Dessert Shooters
- Canadian No-Bake Cheesecake Bars
- Strawberry Shortcake Trifles
- Canadian Maple Pie Parfaits
- Raspberry Vanilla Tartlets
With all of these festivities and recipes, this blog couldn’t be any more Canadian, eh? I will definitely be eating lots of food and enjoying Canada’s gorgeous views. What will you be doing?