How to Celebrate Your Sister
August 4th is National Sisters day! I don’t know about you, but my sisters are one of the biggest blessings in my life! They were my first best friends, grew up beside me, and are still a couple of the closest people to me in my life. Thus, I’ve taken the time to create a list of ways you can celebrate Sisters day whether you are with your sister(s) or not. Here it goes:
- Write a nice letter to your sister thanking her for her undeniable awesomeness. While I’m sure your sister already knows how important she is in your life and how much you love her, a written reminder is always nice to receive - especially if it's unexpected.
- Watch one of your favorite childhood movies together. Plan a sleepover and movie night together and take a trip down memory lane.
- Go through old home videos or photos together. This is another fun one. My sisters and I have a ton of old videos from when we were kids that we like to take out to get a laugh every now and then. What better way to celebrate sister’s day than by laughing at memories from when you were kids?
- Take your parents out for dinner together. Growing up it’s easy to get caught up in your individual lives. Take the time to go out with your family for dinner as it becomes more of a rare occasion. This is one I’m sure your entire family will appreciate.
- Go on a Staycation together. Plan a weekend getaway and do something you love together. Whether it’s going to a local hotel your family used to stay at, or maybe going hiking at one of your favorite spots, do something fun to get away together!
- Do some baking. When I was younger my older sister and I used to bake together and while it didn’t always turn out, it was always a fun time. Get together for the night and plan to bake all your favorite treats from when you were growing up.
- Do one of your favorite activities from when you were kids together. Growing up, my sisters and I loved spending time on our trampoline together. Personally if I were to plan something with my sisters it’d probably be going to a trampoline park. Think of something you did together as kids and do it!
Honestly, the best way to celebrate sister’s day is to hang out with your sister. It really doesn’t matter what you do as long as you are together, and if you can’t be together, give your sister a call and remind her how much you love her.
Happy Sisters Day,