How to Survive Early Morning & Evening Classes
If you’re like me then you try to schedule all your classes between 10am and 5pm, though sometimes you can’t avoid taking a class in the evening or early in the morning. For those of you having to take these types of classes, I am here to help. I have come up with three important tips for surviving each of these types of classes!
Early Morning Classes:
- Go to bed early! I know this one sounds obvious but it’s important. Without proper rest you’ll spend your entire class half asleep instead of focused on the lecture. Get started on your homework early each night so you can get to bed.
- Have everything you need packed the night before. Before going to bed make sure your backpack, lunch, and anything else you’ll need for the next day is ready to go. This will not only allow you a bit of extra time to sleep in but it also prevents you from running around in a rush the next morning getting everything ready.
- Bring your breakfast to class. Instead of getting up early to eat breakfast take something to class with you. This will not only save you time in the morning but can help keep you awake and focused.
- Plan ahead! There is nothing worse than getting back from your evening class and having hours of homework to do still. At the beginning of every week plan out what needs to get done and schedule yourself time to do it.
- Bring snacks. Trust me, you do not want to go to a three hour evening class and have your stomach grumble the entire time.
- Use the breaks wisely. Most evening classes give their students one or two breaks throughout the evening so that they can stretch their legs or go to the washroom. Take advantage of these breaks! Trust me, it’ll help keep you focused for the rest of the class.
Hopefully, these tips will help you survive your early morning or evening class.
Till Next Time,