International Coffee Day: The Level Coffeehouse
International Coffee day is coming up on October 1st. To celebrate, I’ve taken the opportunity to highlight some awesome details about the Level Coffeehouse here at King’s!
- The Level uses all fair-trade coffee. This means you can feel good about the coffee you’re drinking, knowing that the workers involved in the production were paid fair wages.
- The Level encourages sustainability. Once a month the Level has an Environmental Sustainability draw in which the winner receives a $10 Level card. To enter, individuals can either use the Level to-stay mugs or bring their own mug. In addition, they must follow the Level on Instagram @sa.level.
- The Level supports local. If you want a tasty snack with your coffee, the Level sells Bloom cookies. They’re delicious and also vegan!
- The Level offers new featured drinks monthly. If you find yourself getting bored of the standard Americano or even a regular latte, the Level is always bringing in new drinks. This month’s featured drinks include Jamaican latte, Berry Blast Italian Soda, and Iced Matcha Latte. Personally, I found the Jamaican latte to be delightful!
- The Level offers a program called Talk is Cheap where both professors and students can get FREE coffee. Talk is Cheap is a great way to encourage dialogue between professors and students outside of class. There are a few rules to the program that you can check out either on their Instagram or in person at the Level.
- Finally, the Level is in the process of getting new renovations! While they may not be complete yet, the Level is getting a fresh look and in my opinion, it already looks great!
This international coffee day, I definitely recommend checking out the Level and taking advantage of some of the awesome perks they offer!
Enjoy your coffee!