The Ultimate Vegan Valentine's
Happy hearts month! The month of Valentine’s Day begins to spark up a buzz about the kinds of things we can do to treat a loved one or a friend extra special on this day. Have you ever heard of the saying, “a way to someone’s heart is through food”? Well, if you’re looking for an alternative way to spice up your food, let’s try looking through a vegan lens!
One really creative way you can spice up your food is by taking a recipe that interests you and see if you could swap some items out for some vegan alternatives. For example, desserts that may include regular milk can be swapped out for oat milk, almond milk, cashew milk, coconut milk… the options are endless!
Another way you can create the ultimate vegan Valentines is by creating a three course meal using a variety of vegan options. Just below I have conjured up a couple of ideas that you can use for each part of a full course meal.
- Remember when I said coconut could be a really good alternative to swap with? Well coconut could also be one of the main parts of what makes a recipe so good! Pumpkin Soup with Toasted Coconut please!
- I love me a good cheese spread. Vegan charcuterie board anyone?
- I am wherever the stuffed mushrooms This is a great way to stir up a vegan starter!
- What is more fitting than Spaghetti Alla Puttanesca? I can already imagine the Lady and the Tramp vibes, can’t you?
- You can never go wrong with a homemade steak. But how could something be a steak and be vegan too? Well, have a look at these seitan steaks to find out!
- To really spark up your Valentine’s main meal, add a little sweet and smoky together to get the best kind of glazed tofu ham!
- I lava me a lava cake! I also love that it’s vegan even more! This recipe calls for a secret ingredient to make it extra delicious. I won’t spoil it for you so I’ll let you take a peek at the recipe for yourself!
- Chocolate and fruit recipes are always a must and always delicious. Try out chocolate fruit crisps for two!
- Whether you are making a dessert to complete your full course meal or sending some baggies full of treats to your loved ones, chocolate-date truffles are good to enjoy after a meal or a Valentine’s gift!
Looking through all these recipes is either making my mouth water or putting me in a food coma! Either way, I’m so excited for you to be able to create and share these recipes for your loved ones this Valentines.
Sending all my love to you,