Muriel Hogarth (History concentration)
Get invaluable work experience, and earn credits towards your degree!
LADY FLOWER GARDENS (LFG)
Garden Summer Coordinator
- Coordinated and built relationships with various community groups who participated in the upkeep of the garden, contact person for agencies directing and answering questions
- Coordinated two school groups during the summer
- Kept the website and social media pages and monthly newsletters
- Facilitated planting, watering, weeding, and harvesting
- Organized two events: LFG fundraiser and year end agency party
- Kept LFG well maintained, cleaned yurt where activities were held, shed, outhouses, and land management
What did Muriel most like about this position?
“I liked to fight for environmental and social justice. I liked the people, relationships and community that was being formed. I liked being outside everyday and really connecting with nature!”