Thomas De Jong (Biology concentration)
Get invaluable work experience, and earn credits towards your degree!
JUNIOR FOREST RANGERS PROGRAM—GOVERNMENT OF AB
Junior Forest Ranger (JFR) Sub-Leader
- Assisted in the direction and supervision of all crew members, work projects, recreational outings and general camp situations
- Designed a safe, rewarding work, and educational program schedule
- Projected and conducted maintenance and inventory inspections of all equipment
- Promoted team building and a positive outdoor experience
- Created video and weekly blogs for the Alberta Wildfire website
What did Thomas most like about this position?
“The uniqueness of the JFR program allowed for each day to be a whole new experience, and all dependent on my co-leader and my project scheduling. This position allowed me freedom, greater confidence and beautiful views."