Secondary Science Education
A student wishing to pursue high-school science education, with a teachable major in biology and a teachable minor in chemistry, could fulfill the requirements of The King's University after-degree in Secondary Education with the following program of study. This program has a dual concentration in biology and chemistry.
In addition to the required general courses for the Interdisciplinary Science program, students specializing in Secondary Science Education stream should take the following:
- BIOL 211 - Organisms in their Environment
- CHEM 201 - Introductory Chemistry II
- CHEM 350 - Organic Chemistry I
- BIOL 330 - Ecology
- CHEM 312 - Analytical Chemistry II (formerly CHEM 310)
- CHEM 351 - Organic Chemistry II
- BIOL 320 - Introduction to Genetics
- BIOL 343 - Integrated Zoology
- BIOL 346 - General Microbiology
- BIOL 480 - History and Theory of Biology
- CHEM 341 - Introduction to Inorganic Chemistry
Program streams allow for specialization within a degree program and prepare students for future employment and professional studies.