Teachable majors and minors
Applicants to the B.Ed Secondary program must have a teaching major (33 credits) and a teaching minor (9 credits) as part of their first degree. Students may enter the program with at least 30 credits of their teaching major and 9 credits of their teaching minor and complete up to 12 credits within the Education Program.
Acceptable Major and Minor teaching areas include
- Biology/ Environmental Studies^ (Biology, Environmental Studies, Environmental Economics, Human
- Geography, GIS, Philosophy of the Environment, Theology of Creation)
- CTS: Business^ (Accounting, Business, Finance, Human Resources, Management, Marketing)
- CTS: Computer
- English Language Arts
- General physical sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Physical Geography
- General sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Physical Geography, Mathematics, Computing Science)
- Physical Education (Physical education, kinesiology, physical activity)
- Social Studies** (Anthropology, Economics, History, Human Geography, Political Science, Sociology, Theology)
Additional Minor teaching areas include:
- Art (Studio Art, Art History)
- Second Languages* (French, Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch, Japanese)
^For majors or minors with courses from more than one subject, at least 3 subjects must be presented with senior courses in at least 2.
*Minors in Physics and Second Languages must be completed before admission.
**For a Social Studies teaching major, students pursuing an undergraduate degree at King's are encouraged to choose a degree major from: PHE, History, or Social Sciences Concentration