Back to Programs

Record Check Requirements

You may be required to obtain one or more types of Record Checks before you begin your field experience placement. Please read the list of the requirements of various school boards around Edmonton.

The three different checks that may be required include:

Criminal Record Check

Residents of Edmonton:

  • Edmonton Police Service (EPS) conducts a Police Information check. To have the check completed, you must go to #108 14315 – 118 Ave in the Nexus Business Park. Through EPS, the cost of the check is $48. Should you require it, Edmonton Police Service will provide you with more than one copy of your Police Information Check when you have more than one unpaid practicum per academic year. More information can be found here.

Reside outside of Edmonton:

  • RCMP Criminal Record Check. You will have to go to your home jurisdiction to have this completed. Each detachment sets their own rates, so you will need to check their website. More information can be found here.

Vulnerable Sector Check

This additional check is part of the EPS or RCMP Information Check. You will need to indicate you want this check included.

Alberta Intervention Check

An Alberta Intervention Record Check is completed through Children’s Services. There is no fee for the Intervention Record Check. You will need to apply in person and provide two copies of government-issued identification, including one piece of photo ID. Go to: 1100 HSBC Building, 10055-106 Street. For more information, click here.