Bachelor of Commerce at the Leder School of Business
A strong foundation in business starts with an understanding of management, administration, finance and accounting. At King’s, we take business education one step further by integrating your faith. Emerging social and environmental concerns require tomorrow’s business leaders to find creative solutions. At the Leder School of Business, in addition to foundational knowledge and skills to navigate the business world, you will learn to creatively tackle new challenges that will shape the future—without compromising your core beliefs.
King’s business program offers five concentrations in general business, accounting, non-profit and social entrepreneurship, small business and entrepreneurship, and environmental management. The program is fully recognized and accredited by academic and industry organizations including Chartered Professional Accountants and the Canadian Institute of Management.
Business Program Highlights
- Apply business principles and practices to real-world challenges
- Select from courses that prepare you for work in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors
- Discover how to improve the world through entrepreneurship, leadership, accounting and finance
- Learn the theory behind best business practices. Apply business principles through real-world experiences such as internships, case competitions and global travel opportunities
- Build your skill set as a business professional by studying topics such as statistical analysis, commercial law, and applied business simulation
- Integrate Christian values like compassion, courage, justice and hope as you pursue a career of doing business well
Outside the Classroom
Students at the Leder School of Business are active in the community. As a business student at King's, you will be given the chance to take part in consulting projects, internships, case competitions, networking events, mentorships and more.
King's is passionate about preparing business students for careers in a globalized world through cross-cultural experiences such as the Netherlands Study Tour and Asia Study Experience.
Work in a company to gain first-hand knowledge and skills used in the industry. Engage in a four-month internship that enhances your expertise and lets you experience real-world team environments.
Leder Business Association (LBA)
Get involved with LBA, a student-run group that plans events and creates opportunities for business students to connect with one-another and network with the greater business community. LBA also organizes and hosts King's annual Career Fair.
Business Program Options
Available as a major
- 4-year Bachelor of Commerce
Available as a minor
- 4-year Bachelor of Arts
- 4-year Bachelor of Music
- 4-year Bachelor of Science (Biology & Computing Science majors only)
Catherine-Esther Cowie, Entrepreneur and Artist
"I chose King’s for the willingness and opportunity to grapple with how my faith fits into and informs my chosen career path. What does it mean to do business from a Christian perspective? Dr. Elwil Beukes challenged me to think beyond just being a good person and consider the social and environmental impacts of doing business."