Why Study Business at King's?
Established in September 2014, the Leder School of Business is Western Canada's Christian business program of choice. As part of The King's University, the Business program prepares students for success in a rapidly changing world.
King's Business program equips students with the knowledge they need to pursue a better world through business. Efficiency, stewardship, ethics, and problem solving are core attributes of our program. Courses are carefully grouped together to create meaningful specializations that allow students to focus on what you're most interested in.
The Business world is a practical one, and your business degree should be too. That's why King's Business program focuses not only on the theory and underlying assumptions behind business, but on providing students with real world experience through internship and global travel opportunities as well as employable skills in accounting, management, leadership, finance, and more.
On top of employable outcomes, students of King's Business program can expect to be challenged academically. Courses in Statistical Analysis, Commercial Law, and Applied Business Simulation will test your deliberative skills, but provide an incredible foundation for all your future endeavors.
"Leder is preparing students to apply business knowledge to positive change in society. Students are encouraged to think beyond the bottom line.”
Daniel Wassenaar, BCom '17
"I believe the Business program at King’s prompts students to focus on ethical practices that inspire community."
Connor de Groot, BCom '17
Director of Operations,
King's Business professors and staff are committed to:
- Pursuing a holistic learning of the business disciplines, augmenting the study of business with liberal arts studies that more fully inform the practice of business.
- Providing immersive education that combines theory and practice to give students opportunities for in-service learning, mentorship, education in an international context, and interdisciplinary teaching.
- Integrating how Christian values such as compassion, courage, justice, faith, and hope inform and animate doing business well (e.g. how hope and love are important to entrepreneurship).
- Preparing students to enter the business world as leaders who not only do business well, but do good through business.
- Partnering with business schools around the world to provide global learning opportunities.
Business from a Christian perspective
Our students are a diverse group who enter the business world as leaders and are prepared to do business differently, impacting the world. We believe our faith matters in how we go about doing business. The skills and knowledge going into your career are important, but using them in an ethical way is essential.
Business faculty ensure Christian values are imbued in all courses. We believe our faith should help shape people, society, and the environment. Ultimately, we believe that our world and institutions need individuals who are able to make smart, practical decisions that also bring glory to God.
"Leder is playing an important role in preparing students to apply their business knowledge to promote positive change in society, and be part of something bigger than the bottom line.”
Daniel Wassenaar, 2017 Business Graduate