Spring and Summer Housing
The application deadline for spring and summer housing is April 20, 2021. After April 20, applications may be approved based on availability.
All information pertains to spring and summer 2021.
- Student housing is limited to Apartment Residence.
- King’s reserves the right to fill each apartment to capacity (six students). Additional students may be assigned or moved at the discretion of the university at any time during the summer.
- All rental rates are per student, regardless of how many people occupy an apartment at a given time.
- The King's University may cancel your lease due to inappropriate use of the apartment, inappropriate behavior while on King’s campus, or failure to make payments.
- The lease choice and duration of lease must be chosen in the application.
- Monthly leases are not available. Students who elect to leave residence partway through the residence agreement term will be charged the fees for the remainder of their term. (e.g. A student who leaves June 20 will be charged for July and August rent).
Accommodations are provided following this priority order (for students applying before April 10, 2021):
- Spring semester students
- International students
- Students with on-campus jobs
- Students with off-campus jobs
- Students who live on campus for the fall 2021 term
- Students who live off campus for the fall 2021 term (students may only stay until August 1, 2021)
- Graduates of 2021 (new grads may only stay until August 1, 2021)
Residence agreement term options
Below are the options for the length of residence agreements available. No month-by-month option is available. Arrangements will be made for students currently living in residence to move directly from their current residence room into spring and summer housing.
- Three month lease: Sunday, April 28 to Thursday, August 1 (for students without a fall 2021 residence room guaranteed by a residence deposit by June 15, 2021)
- Four month lease: Sunday, April 28 to Saturday, August 31 (students must have a fall 2021 residence room guaranteed by a residence deposit by June 15, 2021; arrangements will be made to move into fall 2021 rooms in early August)
Three month lease (April 28 - Aug. 1): $500 per month ($1,500 total)
Four month lease (April 28 - Aug. 31): $500 per month ($2,000 total)
Rent for each semester is $500 and is due at the time of confirmation of each semester. All rent is paid online through Registration and or Student Finance office via this link; on-line payment system. Rent for students remaining for the three or four month terms should be paid on or before the first day of the month. Failure to pay may result in eviction. Interest rates will apply.
A $500 deposit is required to reserve your room and will be used toward your first month's rent. Applications for spring and summer housing are processed and accepted no later than April 20, 2021. Deposits are due April 17, 2021 at 4 p.m. Failure to pay your deposit may result in you losing your spot.
Check-in and check-out
- Residence Life oversees check-ins and check-outs. The office is located in A-128.
- At check-in, students are required to pay first month's rent (if the deposit has not been received) and sign a lease agreement which includes the duration of the tenancy.
- All students must complete a check-in and check-out form to ensure accurate billing.
- Before check-out, students are required to thoroughly clean and restore their room to its original arrangement.
- Failure to check-out or clean the suite results in cleaning charges and check-out fines.
- Students who have applied for, are accepted, and have paid their residence deposit for the Fall 2021-22 term are the only individuals permitted to have a lease that includes August 2021. These students will be required to move rooms during early August so the apartments may be prepared for fall housing.