Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
The King's University strives to ensure that equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) is fostered in all areas of the institution and in every facet of decision making. King's desires to build and maintain a welcoming, equal-opportunity environment for all and seeks to ensure that all students and employees feel safe, valued, and empowered as important members of our community.
Recent EDI Actions
- Created a new Equity, Diversity, Inclusion (EDI) task force.
- Hired an expert consultant to provide guidance on addressing racism, sexism, ableism, and other forms of oppression with the university community.
- Implemented new scholarships and student involvement opportunities for Indigenous students.
- Developed new EDI action plan for the Canada Research Chair program.
- Sustained effort to indigenize courses and curriculum as a whole.
- Promoted campus diversity amongst King's student body through inter-cultural programming initiatives.